Thursday, December 24, 2009

I am not Bob

With all the predicaments and recent events, I am left exhausted.

"You are not Bob. So, let somebody else fix it." He said.

Exactly.

The Ministry is still insisting that I relocate to fix a problem in another hospital that they have let escalate. I am not here to tell people want to do or how to do it. Everybody should be professional enough to be able to do things as per job specified. Even if it is not sincere, just do it. That is an obligation that you have agreed to when you receive your monthly pay. I don't understand why they are acting this way.

Anyway, like he said, I am not Bob. I have no intentions of being Bob. I won't be a good Bob even if I tried.

So, Mr. Ministry, half-heartedly, we may have to go our separate ways.

And you, thank you for listening.

2 comments:

rj said...

Your promotion is the recognition of your excellent job performance and potential leadership. Relocate is part of this exercise to accomodate the grading system, position vacancy, sending the right person to the right location etc.

You are correct that you are not Bob,as Bob is only a fixer. He does no more. He fixed your plumbing system, gets his money and offer litle solutions (if he has any!).

You are different category altogether. Ministry sees you can fix the problem, provide leadership, and improve and plan for the future. Citizen needs people like you. Don't bother about your colleagues and don't have to be like them. What separate you from them are your intelligence, professionalship, leadership skills, willing to take new challenges and positiveness.

May be this is part of Hijrah and better things. I am sure you will adjust as you have so strong before.

:-)

petite n powerful said...

Thank you for leaving a comment. Appreciate the confidence you have. Timing and Placing is just not right and I have my priorities and obligations too, which is currently a mismatch to what the Ministry wants. I will work something out. Alhamdulillah, so far I have.