Saturday, December 19, 2009

Celebrations in Midst of Uncertainty

We went out last night.

A semi celebration of my 'promotion' and the acceptance of my research for presentation at the upcoming international congress in Vienna next year. That is something to look forward to.

We bought the kids shoes and uniform. (I bought the kids shoes and uniform)..... Always forever in the "we" mode.

At the end of the evening, we sat down and had some over priced ice-cream. We shared a tub and when the scramble at the beginning slowed down as satiety sat in, we managed to enjoy the remaining evening chatting with each other.

I keep telling myself not to go out shopping when I am feeling down. Other than the necessities of school uniforms and shoes, we also bought an LCD TV. I may as well spend on some luxuries while I can still "enjoy" it. (The Excuse). So there.

7 comments:

MHB said...

Happy New Year and congratulations to you!!

I vote for any celebration, albeit the uncertainty... well done!!

being the resilient person that you are, I am sure you'll adjust beautifully and come up tops in any situation... bravo once again (on the promotion and the LCD TV!) ;-)

petite n powerful said...

Thank you dear MHB. Feeling extra vulnerable and boosts are very much needed. Assumptions of our caring ministry thinks the same of me. I am strong, therefore, I will succeed. But I am not (that strong), and at this moment in time isn't a great time for any changes. Tired. Fed up. And missing him.

petite n powerful said...

and happy new year to you too. Lupa nak cakap tadi. Was planning to say special prayers in Mecca for you, D,RG, LB, MP, nanrfz, new brother MS and all the many that are undergoing Allah's little tests of our Iman. But rezeki is still not there yet.

MHB said...

insya-Allah, you'll be there soon... kalau dah rezeki takkan ke mana.. and thanks so much for the du'a thoughts!!

yelah, i understand... sometimes people look at you (us) and see a strong woman but what we feel inside is such a contrary. p/s: nanti bila D comes back nak ajak dia jumpa you... and to protect your privacy i promise i won't publish any photos or write about it ;-) you take care, girl!!

petite n powerful said...

Sounds like a good plan MHB, but only if banana cup cakes are involved...

nanrfz said...

sis petite. read your comments where you mentioned my name. thank you for still remembering me :) congratulations on the promotion. i pray the best for you.

petite n powerful said...

Hey you (nanrfz).
Always in our hearts dear. I hear you have found happiness again (or happiness has found you.) Congratulations. I am so proud of you. Doakan for us as well, ok?