Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

As the remnants of 2009 crap is carried over into 2010, I still look forward to this new year with optimism.

I hope to change my workplace so I no longer have to work under an idiotic dictator.

The new workplace is a blank canvas where I can spread my wings and develop a service that will benefit all.

The brain surgery mum will be undergoing next week will see cure and better health ahead.

The start of teenage-hood for my little man will see him grow into a strong character, filled with Iman and Intelligence.

My little princess will bloom into a young lady, loving, giving and caring. She has always been hard working and alhamdulillah, has always done well in school.

And for those who insist that I am still young and should find someone to share my life with, may I tell you all once again that I have found my perfect match. He is someone kind, caring, and thinks me as his world, the center of his Universe, the love of his life. He is my best friend. (Bonus points: He is cute, he sings and plays the guitar) His wanting to learn and his commitment to Islam in a society where propaganda and negativity against Islam can be at times overwhelming are characteristics of a strong family leader. He adores the children. What more do we need? Though we may be thousands of miles apart, we are more closer than some people can ever be.

And may all the family be given happiness, health and wealth. May the new additions to the family (2 new grandchildren for Atok and Wan) this year bring further joy to their parents.

To all my friends, thank you. Life wouldn't be the same without good friends. May you all get my jokes this year....

May Allah grant us our prayers. Amin.

4 comments:

D said...

Very very optimistic. I like. All the best, mate! :)

rj said...

Happy New Year..Semuga semua berjalan lancar..Insyaallah.

MHB said...

i salute you for being able to put everything in perspective!! you sound very rational and i hope it'll brush off on me, the emotional psychopath ahahaha :-)

happy new year, dear!!

petite n powerful said...

D, Optimistic indeed. I think I may be asking too much, especially the part about my friends getting my jokes.

Sometimes it can backfire and the fall could be greater when we hope too much. But I am a fool in that department. Never learn from previous experiences. But I'd rather hope high. Its more exciting that way.

Rj, Thank u. 3rd day into the new year. A few hics but nothing major.

MHB, sometimes its takes a bit of psycopathic traits to survive this world.

Happy New Year to All. Hopefully this coming decade will bring more happiness.