Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hot Sunny Sunday

Its a hot day today.

Things tend to boil faster when its hot.

I sat at my computer going through all the paper work that was to be handed last friday at work. But, there were PLENTY of mistakes, and I had to redo them all.

The temperature was rising steadily as the morning sun shone through my bedroom window.

Recalling events from the last few weeks, feeling all that effort put in helping my mum's recovery repaid in resentment and anger from her.

Parents can be very hurtful. The more you do, the more they expect from you. Do they not realise that I could not cope with their demands? Everybody is demanding. Parents, kids, patients, bosses. Because I could not cope, last week I decided to let a few things go. Now I feel guilty for letting things go. Is there no end to this?

I think its time to curl up into a ball.......

Disappear for a while.......

To float away, weightless of any burden......

"UMI! Can you please fill out these forms. The school fees are due."
"UMI! I can't get the Publisher to paste my document......" whah? since when is she using MS Publisher....even I don't know how to use it.

THUD! That was a quick float.....who am I kidding?

2 comments:

lilinbiru said...

been in ur shoes. and still in the same shoes. penat. yes, taking care of others while we still need to take care of ourself is so difficult and hurtful. esp families. sigh. somehow, we still wish for them to understand.

petite n powerful said...

Hi lilinbiru,
How are you? Hope all is going well for you.
Families hurt us most because they mean to us most, I suppose. If we didn't care less, then we won't hurt. I too hope they will understand. But as you know, its difficult to understand unless we've been through it ourselves, something I pray that no one in my family will ever have to go through..