Thursday, May 22, 2008

Return to Wellness

Its been a year long illness, and today, I am officially off medication. This experience has been painful not only for me, but most of all to my beautiful children who took good care of me. Come June, I will be working full time again, and isya'Allah, I have learnt to pace myself. (but knowing me.....maybe not) But I realise now that a sick mummy is no good to anyone. In fact, I have in a way taken away a year of joy from my kids. There were days when I was so unwell, my son would tuck me in to sleep, close the drapes, switch on the air conditioner and mosquito pad thingy (ubat nyamuk)....Then, he would tip-toe out of the room after kissing me good night. Aww my poor baby has been forced to grow up so quickly. He has taken on the role as the man of the house with flying colours, and I am so proud of him.

Never the less, any experience must be good somehow. I can say, in my 36 years of life, God has given me the richness of experiences. I have experienced love and loss, I've been a wife and now a widow, I have experienced pregnancies and childbirth, I have experienced living, studying and working in many parts of the world, I have experienced illness and the woes of being a patient, I have experienced being a carer to a terminally ill spouse, I am experiencing life as a single parent and now, I am experiencing the joy of returning to health, much taken for granted by many. I must say, I have definitely taken the more scenic route, the longer winded roads and far more riskier paths, and so far, and I do not plan to stop. Life is to be experienced with guidance from the Almighty.

I hope, God willing, with these experiences, it will make me a better person, a better mother, a better daughter, a better sister, a better auntie, a better doctor and a better friend.

Short Term Plan: this weekend we are going BOWLING! Whoo-hooo!
Long Term Plan: The sky is the limit.

6 comments:

D said...

Alhamdulillah.. hope that you're well. It's true, I force myself to fight off sickness for the kids'. I was poorly for the past week and my boys nursed me. Indeed, Allah looks after us and He always knows the BEST.

It's reassuring to know that someone else is experiencing almost exactly the same thing as I am. We're okay, you know? And we WILL be okay, InsyaAllah..

Anonymous said...

dr fetite!! gald that u are now well and blogging again. Awwwww your son tuck you to bed... alahai baiknya anakkk!

take care ya!

nanrfz said...

dear sis,
the experiences are priceless. a good friend of mine (alhamdulillah, soon to be a muslim) told me.. "take it all as a blessing.. not sacrifices.."
despite what happened, i'm thankful for what this experience has changed me into at this young age (cheh.. young ke..hehe) and for all the wishes God has made came through.. and as for your son, i'm sure one day he'll realize God loves him so much that He opens the path for him to berbakti to his mum.. syurga seorang lelaki tu kan di bawah tapak kaki ibu.. so be happy for him ok :-)

MHB said...

dear petite n powerful,

Alhamdulillah you're ok now. Your boy nursing you -- that is soooo SWEEEEETTT!!! Sejuk perut ibu mengandung (still haven't figured out why sejuk perut, but nemind... you know what I mean!!!)

These are God's blessings that we have to be thankful for, right?

Take care and keep on moving! (reminder for self too hehe)

petite n powerful said...

Dearest D,
We are OK. Actually, we are more than OK. We are Whoookay!

Dear Anon,
My kids are my life line, as I am theirs (for now)....until they grow up and become independent people, God willing.

Dear Nanrfz,
I cannot agree with you more. The beauty of it all is that there were no sacrifices made. And for my little man, I pray that he will grow up to be a strong mature and intelligent person with good strong iman. Even at the dear age of 10, he has what some men don't have....common sense...hahahaha.

Dear Myheartbleeds,
Always grateful, always grateful. We are far from hardship. We've had some bad luck, but we are the luckiest of the unlucky....

petite n powerful said...

A friend asked me what I meant by my comment "I cannot agree with you more"....does it mean I can't agree? I disagree? On the contrary. I couldn't / cannot agree with you more. => This means I agree with you completely. I agree 100%, and it's not possible to agree more than that.

English is a weird and confusing language....