Saturday, October 3, 2009

Taken for granted

Again, its been a wee while since this blog was looked into.

Life has been busy.

I am currently on a weight losing programme. It is very effective. It is a combination of stress, a new helper and the sense of being unappreciated with a pinch of being taken for granted.

I am grateful for my recent success, and I thank Allah for all the rezeki that he has given us. My eldest has also completed his exams and he had put in all his effort in it. I am definitely blessed with good children. New job is challenging, and extremely stressful. It certainly doesn't help with the clashes of the Titans in the Power Department as 2 of our most senior national heads are not at par with each other.

As a result, the service we are trying to provide is being affected.

Home life, mum in law is here staying with us. The children loves it when she comes as she will tell stories of their daddy's childhood and that makes them all happy.

Me? Trying to handle everything and everybody except myself. My late husband once said I had to be more assertive. Otherwise, people will walk all over me and take me for granted. I am a nice person. I like helping people. I think too much of other people's feelings and not enough of myself. Though I don't consciously expect anything in return, it saddens me (and angers me too) when it is taken for granted. I just can't find the fine line from being assertive to just being an ass. So, in the end, I will just let people be and do as they please. They will loose my respect though, and I won't stick around hoping to be acknowledged. That just sounds so desperate. I have too many important and better things to do.

But, I take this all as a lesson. We learn as we grow (older). Life experiences enriches us. And I am very rich in that.

No comments: