Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As a doctor, death, disability and morbidity is part and parcel of the job. But I will never get used to it. I hope I never will. The sorrow will keep me humane.

Regardless what age, what health, what status, what wealth we have, our next minute on this earth is never guaranteed.

Though our fate has been written, the time of our birth and the circumstances of our death has all been set from the time we were in our mother's womb, the news of any death still rips me to pieces.

May her child rest in peace in Allah's protection. May she not feel the guilt and accept this as a testament of Allah's love to her and her family.

Al-fatiha.

2 comments:

Frog said...

And I lost a good friend yesterday. Alfatiha for him.

petite n powerful said...

Sorry to hear that.