Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Anniversary

"Hellooooo" said the familiar voice.

"Hello" I replied.

"How is my wife to be?" He had that cheeky tone in his voice. It was early, but we were already up. I don't think I slept much that night. The "hantarans" took a bit longer than expected. I hope the make-up lady can get rid of the bags underneath my eyes with her magic kit.

"hahaha..." I laughed back.

Its been a long wait. Almost 6 years, and we have been very patient. I was excited, scared, happy and lots of other things I cannot mention on this blog......

"Everything ready?" I asked him.

"Yes, all ready to go."

"Ok then, I'll see you here this evening!"

The akad went well. Dad's very traditional about things. He hired some traditional malay group that played the kompang and gong that night. So, while we had the bersanding, the music played in the background. It was very nice.

The actual invites were not till tomorrow, so eventhough we were officially husband and wife, dad insisted he go home....WHAT? Wait some more? But, we obliged, and he went home.

Sorry for making you wait. I am even more sorry that we didn't get to spend more time together. I was only respecting my parents wishes. They wish alot....and can be quite demanding at it too. Sometimes, parents think they are doing the best for us. If we got married during college, would we have done as well as we did? I believe we could have, as you were my motivator and my teacher and you were just plain smart, caring and loving. How could we have not done better? I'm sorry again sayang. We wasted 6 years.....6 very precious years.

And now, here I am again. Respecting my parents wishes.

To my love, happy 12th year anniversary. We are surviving. Kids are growing well. They are smart little ones, and I pray that they will succeed here on earth and also in the afterlife. I hope they will pray and love us as much as we do for them.

And you, I will definitely see you later. We just have to wait a little while longer.

5 comments:

MHB said...

Happy Anniversary!! Insya'allah, apa yang diidamkan akan kesampaian, ameen...

Ms B said...

Such a beautiful posting. :)

May u have a blessed ramadhan!

lilinbiru said...

selamat berpuasa. reading this post, makes me wish that i can jump september.

D said...

i didn't write any special posting on our anniversary. didn't want to. we never really celebrated anniversaries - and I think I now know why.

you take care - you're doing fine, in His guidance. Believe me.

petite n powerful said...

Thank you ladies. We are all our own little journeys, and life wouldn't be life without obstacles.
Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone, at home and abroad.