Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Getaway






Finally, we were on our mini break, the first we've had in over a year. Just the 3 of us. This was also the first break in Malaysia without Abang, and other family members. Since he passed away, we've never been away on our own for holidays in Malaysia. (Going home to his mum's don't count though.)

So, I decided to do baby steps first. Somewhere close. We were all quite apprehensive about it, surprisingly. Then again, this is the first drive away that we've had since I've been ill.


















It was a success. We had a 'quiet' time, taking into consideration it was the school holidays. I had my sips of coffee and snooze on the balcony with the sound of the rolling waves, and the nice sea breeze in my face. I felt lullabied into a sense of ease. It was a much needed break.

Thank you for giving me the gift of still being able to enjoy the beauties of your Earth. Thank you for giving me that sense of calmness.

Overwhelmed by it all, I broke down into tears once we got home. Tears of joy, I think. I now know that we can do it, and it's going to be just the three of us for a wee while longer.

5 comments:

nanrfz said...

finally, here come the pictures!! :-) sis,i feel so happy for you and the kids!it is indeed a success!

MHB said...

you did it!!! yeay! glad the holiday was time well spent. take care!

lilinbiru said...

planning to drive to terengganu. just the 4 of us. not sure whether i can make it tho...

petite n powerful said...

Thank you thank you. We'll all get through our little hurdles, one way or another. If I can do it, so can you all. Ok Lilinbiru? I know its still early days for everyone, but baby steps....take baby steps. We can do it.

D said...

not been blog-hopping for awhile - sorry! didn't have internet connection back home, so yadda-yadda-yadda...

hey, i took some steps too, you know? and oh my, were they difficult! With me it's a little different because the kids are so used to going on holidays and going out with their dad. So, I HAVE to step out of my shell for them. My, my, still a long way to go!