Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Cap

It has been a weekend of cleaning up and reminiscing.

I have put away some of the precious momentous for safe keeping, but I have a tendency of keeping them in such "safe" places, never to be found again.

But its all "up" there and deep "in" here. While I still have my mind and my heart, it will be safe.

Then, I ended the evening with the usual clothes folding while watching telly. Tonight, the "Sixth Sense" was on.

I remember watching this with him in 1999. Before he got sick. I've always loved that movie, and we used to joke about the famous line of "seeing dead people", but in a different context.

"Did you get the issue settled?" He would ask me.

"Abang" I replied to tell him. "I see people. I see stupid people".

"That's a No then." He would say, as I nodded my head.

Tonight, watching the movie again,  brought a different angle to the movie. Plethora of memories, and the closeness to relate to loss and talking to the deceased. To me, I do whisper his name at night before I go to bed. The sound of his name somehow lingers and makes his past presence seems not too far of a distant. I don't think it's a sign of insanity. Believe you me, I've done crazier things. BUT, if the room suddenly gets cold and I see vapour of mist coming out of my mouth, then yes, I will exercise my rights as a government servant to seek the best psychiatric help.





No comments: