Monday, July 19, 2010

Farewell Friday

Last Friday we went out for a farewell lunch. MY farewell lunch. It really is happening. I am leaving.

Scared and excited again. Another new adventure awaits. Each time a new challenge suffice, the stakes get bigger.

As I sit at my table now thinking how I will plan the next few years of my life, I realised that these plans belong more to the kids than mine. I am now tagging along their future. Has it come to that stage already? If things go as planned, my little man will be off in just a few years' time. Followed by my little princess...... Ohhhh. Grieving already? I used to be sad for those that leave. Now I am sad for those that are left behind. Will I cope to be on my own? Literally. By then, the kids will be in universities and they won't need me hovering over them anymore. They were the ones that have kept me going all these years. What will happen when they have gone away? I'll be alone. I wouldn't know what to do with myself! (Imagine me saying that!)

For now, I will take it as it is. For all you know, Allah may change everything that we have planned, as He can and has.

1 comment:

mysite said...

Nice Post!
I would like to know more about your blog.You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.