Thursday, October 16, 2008

16 Syawal

At exactly 10.25am, 16th Syawal, 5 years ago, I leaned beside him, whispering the kalimah in his ears. I whispered words of love, and how proud we were of him. And though we will miss him very much, I didn't want him to suffer any longer. I said my good-byes and kissed him, as I felt his cheeks still warm and soft. He stopped breathing and I let out a sigh of relief for him. Ya-Allah, he has returned to you. Please forgive his sins and place him amongst those whom you have bestowed your Grace.

The memory is so clear, it could have just happened yesterday. Yet, it felt almost foreign, like a scene from a movie. Am I detaching myself from the past? I do not know.

2 comments:

D said...

dear, it is good to be reminded of death, so this is good you know...

funny, my beloved went exactly 4 years + 36 hours 25 minutes later (UK time). al-fatihah..

Hazia said...

Salam. Like reading your blog:)
Syawal is painful ya?