Friday, July 22, 2011

Drive by

It was a cloudy drive home from work today. As I approached the bend next to the bridge, I muted the radio and I recited the Al-Fatihah. It has become a ritual comfort each time I go to work, and on my return home to pass by his resting place to recite Al-Fatihah.

Today, amongst the clouds, I felt a warm ray onto my cheek as a the sunshine peeked between. It was like a warm kiss from him as I drove by.

Thank you sayang. I'll pass by again tomorrow.

Missing you just as much as the first night we parted.

2 comments:

D said...

exactly the same here... almost 4 years yet some things just never change.

XXX
(yes, I'm back! ;))

petite n powerful said...

D, Welcome back!

8 years this December for me (not that I'm counting.) Nor is being 'single' this long a sign of strength or weakness....in fact, it could be because of personality (disorder) or something as simple as body odour (keti-bus as I've heard some people call it).

And D, the way you feel today at 4 years will be the same as it will feel like in 8. And you know what? I prefer it to be that way.