Friday, August 7, 2009

Hopes, Dreams and my Prince Charming

I'm an independent woman, successful in career, respected (hopefully) in my community and loved by family and friends. I am not in any monetary hardship during these time of economic uncertainties. I am strong, I am brave, I am ambitious. I care about everyone around me. I am hopeful.

Yet, why do I desire for my Prince Charming to come and save me?

My late hubby always said I was a dreamer. I agreed. I love to dream. Some of my dreams have become reality. (Some haven't). But that's ok. I wouldn't want it all to come true. Not yet anyway. I cannot imagine my life without anything to dream about.

I asked one of my patients today, a young man who was paralysed from the waist down after an accident. I asked him what he wanted. He said "nothing". He said he wanted nothing....... My eyes watered for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all need to be saved from life's river sometimes no matter how strong a swimmer we are.

all of us except the sammy salmon's of this world of course

petite n powerful said...

Yes, drowning in 'shit' at the moment...literally. Septic tank overflowed. Very nice. On top of driving without insurance and road tax for the last 10 days because I totally forgot to renew it! Never have I ever been so absent minded in my 37 years of life....something is very WRONG.

D said...

Hmmm... we're similar in some points but the opposite in others.

Hopes? dreams? Prince Charming? naaah, I have neither of them. I dont dare hope or dream any more. I just take a day at a time. I pray for the best from Him.

Pathetic, eh?

petite n powerful said...

No, not pathetic at all D. When we have lost so much, we fear to loose some more. The disappointment and fear may be just too overwhelming. But eventually, as time goes by (which it will), we will wake up one day with plans that will exceed 24 hours.
PS: still waiting for my Prince Charming....where are you? Disguised as a frog?.....oh man.