Friday, May 15, 2009

Measures of Success

I started this quest initially with him by my side. We sat down and filled in the application form together.

I went to the interview with him on my mind. It was barely 4 weeks after his passing.

I began my studies again with memories of his encouraging words and his strong spirit that willed me through.

Prayers from loved one kept me afloat.

Thesis and reports were submitted.

Theory, clinical and viva exams were conducted.

Came the day, like any other day, the results were announced. The 3 candidates walked up the flights of steps to the department building, as one of us broke down into tears. She had been working very hard. All of us had, but the sheer thought of failure that day took the best of her, as she wept uncontrollably. We stopped midway as we tried to console her.

Rezeki is in the hands of the Almighty. We have put in the effort and the prayers. What ever the outcome, there will be no regrets.

I came home after the announcement.

The hugs and cheers from my children were measures of my success. Wish you were here to share this with us. We made it, Alhamdulillah.

4 comments:

lilinbiru said...

congrats.

MHB said...

congratulations, dear...

bagila add, nak hantar congratulatory carrot cupcakes sekotak ;-)

hijau said...

Alhamdulillah, tahniah..

petite n powerful said...

Thank you lilinbiru, MHB and Hijau. Will take a rain check on the carrot cupcakes for now. But believe you me when I say temptations!